Curry Chicken Salad with Mango Chutney


Since I've been back from Europe I've been testing out all the food stuffs I brought home. One of the things I bought was a spiced mango chutney from Fauchon. I knew the minute I bought it what I would use it for, I've been wanting to develop my own curry chicken salad recipe for awhile and this mango chutney was the perfect excuse. The measurements below are approximate so don't stress over it, just keep tasting and adjusting until you have the flavors where you want them.

Ingredients:
2-3 large chicken breasts (with the skin on and the bone in)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup spiced mango chutney
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup roasted, salted cashews, lightly chopped
1/4 cup raisins
6 short celery ribs (or 3 large), diced
1 large shallot, diced

Start by patting the chicken dry with paper towels. Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 375 for 40-45 minutes. When the chicken is cool enough to handle remove the skin and bones and dice the chicken. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mango chutney, curry, honey, white wine, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust accordingly. Add the chicken, cashews, raisins, celery and shallot to the mayonnaise mixture. Combine thoroughly and serve. The salad is even better after it has sat for 2-3 hours (covered in the fridge).

Bon Appetit!

Comments

Popular Posts